Tricia Palguta is dedicated to helping children with special needs achieve their full potential. She believes that schools play an essential role in providing these children with the skills and knowledge they need to succeed and that parents should be an integral part of the decision-making process when it comes to their child’s education. When the school and parents work together in a child-centered approach to solving issues, the child receives the supports and services that they need.
As the mother of an 8 year old daughter with Down Syndrome, Tricia knows firsthand the frustrations and complications that can arise with the IEP process. She is committed to helping families understand the IEP/504 process, their child’s rights and the school’s responsibilities. Tricia relies on her experience as a mother to a child with an IEP, her legal education and work experience to assist families and facilitate an outcome that is most beneficial to their child.
- COMPASS Special Education Advocacy Internship 2014, Special Education Advocate
- Special Education Advocacy Program, University of San Diego 2013, Certificate of Special Education Advocacy
- Washington College of Law, American University cum laude 1993
- Mother of a child with Down Syndrome
- Director AYSO VIP (Special Needs) Soccer, San Elijo
- Parent Support Groups